We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions.
Every day we look to solve highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing Series A in a funding round led by Balderton Capital, and tripling our revenue each year, we are now scaling the business globally into international markets.
To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people onboard to help us.
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others in decision making.
We are looking for an engineer to work on critical parts of our data collection, ingestion, processing and presentation platforms.
Taking ownership of your code is extremely important - you design it, build it, ship it and run it!
You will be expected to search for optimal solutions at every stage, assessing new or untested technologies instead of simply picking the most familiar. Architecture decisions will need to be justifiable, and the development team should share a common understanding of the choices that have been made, and why they were made.
What you will do:
- You will design and build solutions to problems as part of a team, liaising and interacting with stakeholders across the business.
- You will research and investigate new technologies to solve business and technical problems as required
- You will present specifications and plans to senior team members and developers
- You will prioritise features in conjunction with other team members to align with user, engineering and business requirements
- You will assist with testing procedures and frameworks, and ensure testing is carried out on projects before delivery
- Depending on your experience, you may also supervise other developers
What does success look like after 12 months?
- You have designed, built and own at least one significant section of the data processing or presentation platform.
- You proactively identify problems and resolve them.
- Your code is an example of the excellence we expect.
- You have a strong understanding of the company, product and end to end architecture
- Depending on your experience, you have supervised one or more other engineers and provided them with the support and coaching for them to grow
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. The ideal candidate will be confident in their ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- Exposure to designing enterprise grade applications
- Whilst this position will require you to work in Python, previous experience is not required - if you're a strong developer in Java, C++, C# or .NET and are willing to switch languages, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience working with and processing data
- Most likely minimum degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar relevant are