A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting shit done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We’re looking for a Trading BD Lead (Japan) to sit within our team at our Tokyo office. You will be responsible for working with Revolut’s Product Teams and Global Head of Trading to localise Revolut Trading for Japan. The vision is to offer commission-free stock trading in each of the new markets in which Revolut is launching. You’ll define exactly what features need to be included in the Trading product for it to succeed in Japan. You’ll then need to negotiate and close deals with both existing global partners and new local partners in order to bring that product to life.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ⚒
● Coming up with a clear product roadmap for Japan and justifying it with data from your market
● Identifying any additional partners you will need for your market, then negotiating and securing contracts with them
● Working closely with your colleagues from Product as well as the Global Head of Trading to create and launch Trading in your market
● Managing relationships with new and existing partners
● Creating financial models● Negotiating commercial deals
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
● You have > 3 years experience working at a Type 1 FIBO Business in Japan
● You ideally already hold ‘Senior Internal Control Manager’ qualification, granted by JSDA
● You have graduated with a 2.1 (or equivalent) degree from a top University
● Previous entrepreneurial experience; you have successfully led a team building something new or founded your own company
● Commercially astute with excellent negotiation skills
● Excellent people and relationship building skills, across all seniority levels
● Excellent logic in prioritising projects and selecting appropriate partners
● Ability to work well as part of a team, driven, relentless and a proven closer - you don’t take no for an answer
● Experience developing products and bringing them to market
Please only submit an application for one posting.