A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
This may sound a little salesy, but we’ve signed up more than 3m customers without spending a single penny on marketing. It’s simple really: if you solve an everyday problem, you don’t need to spend a gazillion dollars on fancy marketing campaigns.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting it done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 600 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WE LOOK FOR RADICALLY BETTER 🚀
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed.
Counsel, Media & Communications role will be responsible for managing and supporting a variety of defamation claims and reputation related matters, as well as providing day-to-day pragmatic legal counsel as a business partner to key stakeholders. You will focus on the strategic mitigation of defamation litigation risk to the business and the management of Revolut’s reputation from a legal standpoint.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Protect, restore and safeguard the business’s reputation and advise how to best protect and manage the reputation of the business and key employees within the business
• Advise on libel, slander and internet defamation matters and recommend to senior management the steps required to protect the business’s reputation by bringing or defending such claims
• Advise on press related issues, social media posts and interactions and all other related public relations matters with media outlets and providers
• Address issues raised by the media and through the media including advising on the Press Complaints • Commission Code of Practice and the Advertising Standards Authority Code of Practice
• Keep management and business units apprised of defamation and reputation developments and strategy
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR 📖
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and drafting skills
• Demonstrable leadership skills and strategic focus
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build excellent working relationships with all levels of management and work on cross-functional teams
• Able to excel both independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrable ability to work in fast paced environments and make sound judgements under tight deadlines
• Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
• Excellent academic and law firm credentials
• Hold a current practicing certificate
• 3+ years PQE of strong experience as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as well
• Experience in all phases of litigation and ADR a plus
• Experience in reputation management and advising clients on public relations related matters
• Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
WE LOOK AFTER OUR OWN 🎁
• We pay market value and offer equity as a bonus
• We’ll arm you with all the latest tech (Macbooks, monitors, the lot)
• Private medical insurance and pension plan
• Free gym membership and cycle to work scheme
• Free dinner if you’re working late (Deliveroo)
• Free Revolut Metal subscription
Please only submit an application for one posting.