**We are looking for Scala Engineers across varying seniority levels - if you're a Senior Scala/Tech Lead, we want to talk to you!**
Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Depop is a rapidly scaling business and we’re on the hunt for a Scala Engineer to join our Tech team.
Our Scala engineers are passionate about creating great software from their local environment through to production. We love functional programming and hope you do too.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Front-End and other Backend Developers to understand problems and to design solutions
- Produce high quality code which is well-structured and simple to understand which will be used by over 500,000+ active daily users
- Embrace agile methodologies and engage in a culture of continuous improvement by attending events such as backlog grooming and blameless post-mortems
- Collaborate on a daily basis with fellow developers/engineers to solve problems and write elegant code
- You’ll own your code through its entire lifecycle, including deployment to production.
Now we're talking, we have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. Our Manchester team are based in the Spinningfields WeWork. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, trips down to London for team nights out. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.