ABOUT THE ROLE
The position of the Regional Sales Manager is a critical role in our EMEA Sales team reporting to the Director of Sales EMEA & Asia. You will be managing a sales team of experienced, outperforming Account Executives with the task to hire and develop the best talent in the market to strategically increase sales presence throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
As an experienced mentor with a strong enterprise software sales background, you are responsible for supporting your team in complex procurements, go-to-market initiatives and as a senior stakeholder for the customers in your region. Since your role is quota carrying, you own the regional forecast, identify and mitigate risks, tackle opportunities and constantly uplevel your team through outstanding leadership and coaching.
- Recruit, hire and train new team members
- Contribute to regional strategy with metrics, observations and market research
- Create processes, set best practices and build replicable patterns for regional go to markets initiatives
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Support team members in customer meetings and pitches
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for AEs and the wider team
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Recruitment, Human Resources, Partnerships and Customer Success to align regional strategy
- 2-3 years of management experience of a sales team
- 3+ years of direct sales (closing) experience, preferably technical SaaS in European Markets
- Experience growing and scaling a high performing diverse sales team in a fast growth environment
- You’re data-driven and have an analytical approach to identifying trends in pipeline and performance
- You’re a highly effective and empathetic communicator
- You are a confident leader with previous executive customer exposure
- Ability to analyze data, extract and present information, market data and produce concise business documents and initiatives
- 2+ major European languages such as German, French, English, Spanish or Italian
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
- Experience working with Salesforce and common office suites
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!