Are you an organized, creative, detail-oriented and multi-tasking person who thrives in a fast-paced working environment, all while keeping a smile on your face?
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to work with our CEO, Sascha Konietzke to support him with a variety of important initiatives and administrative tasks. You’ll be working in close partnership with him to help him run our senior management team and handle company-wide planning efforts and meeting cycles.
This is a critical role helping us in achieving our vision and keeping up with our rapid growth.
Our CEO Sascha is currently splitting his time equally between our Berlin and San Francisco offices - so we are looking for someone who is happy to shift working hours whilst working from Berlin or is interested and able to travel along to San Francisco at times to work from our office there.
You will be a part of an Administrative Services Team that consists of other Administrators supporting other senior managers and teams spread across our 2 offices.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Manage the calendar and schedule of the CEO; facilitating workflows and driving maximum effectiveness—all while successfully handling last-minute changes.
- Book travel and deal with expenses for the CEO
- Assist the CEO in planning out senior management meeting cycles and maintaining them
- Provide administrative and logistical support for our board meetings and future funding round efforts
- Organize internal and external meetings/team-building events, ensure proper preparation and compile and publish minutes of meetings and other supporting documentation where needed
- Own important projects that require creativity, leadership, and a willingness to figure out.
- Conserve our CEO’s time by reading, researching, prioritizing and routing correspondence as necessary.
- Work in close cooperation with the remaining administrative team to keep the complete senior management level aligned on planning, meetings, and set goals
- Maintain a close and strong relationship with other Administrators and the Operations Team in Berlin and San Francisco to build together an admin network and guarantee smooth communication across the company
- Previous experience in working with a CEO or high-level executive
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently and accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to work hours dependent on where the CEO is currently located (CET, ET, PT time zones)
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills, requiring little guidance
- Proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment
- Exceptionally strong ownership and “can-do” attitude
- High degree of flexibility and ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice; superb multi-tasker
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and German required
- Familiar with G-Suite applications, Microsoft Office and productivity tools, and fast to learn how to master new cloud-based applications
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Home office will be possible during certain periods
- Traveling and working between and from our Berlin and SF will be possible depending on project involvement
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!