ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Customer Success Manager, you will serve as the primary liaison with approximately 20 high-value customers, helping them achieve their technical and business goals using Contentful. This relatively small number of customers ensures that you will be able to dedicate significant time and attention to each one. You’ll build personal relationships with multiple stakeholders at each customer, earning their trust and respect through your commitment to their success. In-person customer meetings will build a solid foundation to each relationship, with additional meetings taking place via video and phone calls.
Our Customer Success Managers assist in ensuring successful launches; advise customers on best practices to ensure long-term project success; coordinate problem-solving and training sessions with our Technical Architects and Solution Architects; help customers establish Centers of Excellence; and establish measurements of success and value to ensure that the customers’ Contentful implementation achieves their success criteria.
Customer Success Managers at Contentful are measured by their customers’ success rather than by renewal or expansion quotas. We believe that renewals and expansions are positive outcomes that will follow from customers’ successful implementation and adoption of Contentful. Customer Success Managers support these achievements through a blend of product knowledge, project management skill, and persuasion – as well as persistence and patience.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in customer success management, account management, or consulting; experience in enterprise software; and proven success driving strategy and achieving outcomes for six- and seven-figure engagements with Fortune 100 Enterprise customers.
In addition to working with business leaders and executives, you’ll have conversations with developers and other technical stakeholders so your background should include enough technical experience for you to be credible and persuasive with your audience. You also will have similar interactions with your technical Contentful colleagues, and will be provided training on our specific technology in order to set you up for success.
- Become customers’ trusted advisor and serve as their advocate inside Contentful
- Guide and help customers at each stage in their journey with us: from onboarding, to initial projects’ success, to expanding use of Contentful
- Develop strong knowledge of the Contentful product and our best-practices; share your knowledge with our customers to help them achieve their goals
- Prepare, organize, and lead check-in calls, meetings, and business reviews with customers
- Connect customers with other subject matter experts within Contentful
- Efficiently juggle multiple requests from multiple customers
- Travel (approximately 20%) to meet our customers and colleagues in person (including periodic international travel)
- Identify expansion opportunities with your customers and coordinate with our sales team to achieve win-win contract growth
- 3+ years professional experience in an outward-facing role such as customer success management, account management, or consulting
- Success driving strategy and achieving outcomes for large enterprises (Fortune 500, Global 2000 etc.)
- Experience at an enterprise software company and a conversant knowledge of the enterprise software landscape
- Experience with annual or multi-year subscription sales models
- Experience working with solution architects and/or technical support teams to solve customers’ technical challenges
- Listens and probes to understand, diagnose and understand what matters most to others. Values the input and insights of others.
- Familiarity with current web and mobile technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience in a remote role or with teams located in another office
- Ability to efficiently prioritize a large number of competing requests
- CMS experience and knowledge (either as a developer or author) is a plus
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!