Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
You're a budding IT professional at the start of your career (or with 1-2 years experience) with a deep interest in technology, especially new tech like Cryptocurrencies that can change the world. You want to join a small but growing crew of skilled individuals at a reputable company where you can learn the very latest in IT industry best practices as quickly as possible, establishing a solid foundation for the future of your career.
Powering the heart of the organisation, Luno’s IT team ensures everything tech related in the company runs smoothly. We leverage the latest and greatest in cutting-edge cloud technologies to solve Luno's rapidly scaling service and security requirements.
Our vision is creating a world where Everything Just Works. Our motto is Get Things Done Well. Our stack is G Suite, SAML (OKTA), U2F, JAMF, AWS, Phabricator, Slack, Fortinet. Remote-first and Fast internet. OSX and Linux only. Microsoft / SAP / SharePoint not welcome. E-mail is dead.
What you'll do:
- Support IT engineers:
- Supporting existing staff: Resolve general IT support queries and make sure all systems and software are up to date. Replace broken or lost equipment.
- IT Asset management: Work with IT engineers to procure and track equipment, maintain relationships with suppliers, track warranties, action returns and repairs.
- Logistics: Pick up, deliver and courier equipment from vendors to the correct global office.
- Improve efficiency of team: Take over tasks from IT engineers and System Operators wherever possible, your responsibilities will grow fast.
- Maintain Office Infrastructure:
- Make sure office teleconferencing and other equipment is working at all times.
- Mount and assemble in-office metrics displays.
- Learn new technologies:
- Learn how Luno's IT systems work and are connected. Learn to operate and administrate core Luno IT services.
What you’ll need:
- A valid driver's licence
- Experience with OSX or Linux
- Love for technology and innovation mindset
- Fast learner (things move really really fast here)
- Basic troubleshooting skills with web browsers
- Up-to-date experience with networking and security
- General knowledge and experience with IT support
- Strong attention to detail
- A deep care for your fellow colleagues and their IT needs, willingness to go above and beyond
- You must enjoy dealing with people on a daily basis and people must enjoy dealing with you