SOPHiA GENETICS is the world leader in data driven medicine. We are recruiting a PostgreSQL Database administrator, part of a distributed team responsible for the architecture of the bioinformatics data management and related tools.
- Design and development of PostgreSQL RDBMS for bioinformatics data
- High-load and high-availability scaling of PostgreSQL instances
- Design and development of APIs
- Specialist support for database issues
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of experience in domain-relevant positions developing data models and data model tooling
- Experience working with large relational databases (ingestion of large data volumes, database partitioning and distribution).
- Relevant technologies for this position are: PostgreSQL, SQL (>= SQL:2016), pgPL/SQL, C++, ODB C++, R, Bash, Git, XML, REST.
- Experience with git workflow and CI-CD
- Familiarity with web-development and Bioinformatics are an advantage
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS or other) are an advantage
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Closely interacting team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- Seniority: Senior
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Lausanne - Switzerland
Please note that selected candidates, will need to perform a task and a self-assessment during the recruitment process.
If you think you fit this position, please send us your CV and a cover letter with your salary expectations.