The Coordinator of Synch Clearance will be responsible for successfully handling synchronization licenses originating out of Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland, including Television (form shows), Independent Films, Video Games/Apps, Internet, DVD, non-profit and other requests as designated. The position will be responsible for finalizing synch licenses within their assigned media and client base, and will play an important role in handling a high volume of requests for Kobalt and its clients. The role is Stockholm based and will report into the Creative Synchronization Manager, Scandinavia.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Mac DeMarco, Ozuna, SHY Martin, NEIKED, Lauv, LÉON, Sarah Klang, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Björk, Father John Misty, Jenny Wilson, Miles Davis, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Elvis Presley and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR, SYNCH CLEARANCE DO?
- Negotiate and finalize various forms of synchronization licensing requests (master and publishing) within assigned media areas for the Nordic territories
- Effectively communicate with Kobalt clients to obtain approval for synchronization licensing requests
- Process high volumes of music clearances and client requests in a timely manner
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of client preferences based on use type for Kobalt’s represented recordings and compositions and have a strong understanding of synch fee ranges across applicable media types
- Research synch rights and licensing history for Kobalt’s artists, compositions and recordings as necessary and/or requested
- Work closely with the creative synch team to ensure visibility into new creative projects
- Log, maintain and manage synch licensing deals in Kobalt’s internal database
- Develop a strong level of knowledge for Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database
- Proactively reach out to Kobalt’s writers/artists to keep them abreast of current synch licensing deals and be available to answer questions related to synch licenses
- Stay abreast of, maintain and further relationships with key personnel at clearance companies/houses within the industry
- Monitor and act on changing trends, terms and strategies used by production companies to clear and license music
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in music clearance and licensing, preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization as well as with external parties
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and good at prioritizing personal work flow
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal in Swedish and English language
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments and growing businesses
- A track-record of being a proactive self-starter, reliable and willing to take responsibility
- Friendly, enthusiastic and results-oriented personality