We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to lead the data analytics team, which is primarily focused on providing data insights to ensure high data quality standards and research & propose novel ways to improve them. As a Data Analyst, you'll take ownership for the technical guidance of the team while designing and planning data models based on thorough analysis on multiple data sources as well as ensuring the most suitable technologies and tools are used for the job.
Every day we look to solve highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing Series A in a funding round led by Balderton Capital, and tripling our revenue each year, we are now scaling the business globally. To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people onboard to help us do this.
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others in decision making
What you will do:
- You’ll have ownership of data metrics; you will be designing data metrics for each machine learning module using business requirements and customer feedback.
- You will be working with the engineering team to define and automate data testing processes.
- You will be mostly using exploratory data analysis and data mining techniques to identify actionable items for product improvement.
- You will provide data insights and powerful visualisations which will act as insights for new ideas that will be part of our product roadmap.
- You will collaborate with different teams to perform cross data source analysis for better data unification.
What does success look like in 12 months?
- You have established data testing framework for each project, devised data metrics and integrated them in the testing pipeline. You have enabled engineering teams to work on data validation and deployment smoothly.
- You have gained a deep understanding of existing data sources, related challenges and potential improvements and have developed a roadmap to improve data quality.
- You have structured data cleaning and normalisation pipeline for various data sources with the help of the engineering team.
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hyped and what is valuable, and you have pertinent arguments in favor of your proposals.
- You can guide the team towards the established objectives. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify technical and soft skill areas that need improving. You have been actively mentoring team members to improve their skills and expand their knowledge base.
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Deep understanding of data mining principles, tools and processes
- Experience of statistical data analysis and visual analytics
- Experience of working with mongodb and other nosql databases
- Hands-on experience in distributed data analytics using Hadoop/Spark
- Experience with ML and data manipulation libraries e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, numpy, scipy etc.
- Proficient in scripting languages (R, Python etc.)
- Good understanding of data-oriented product life cycle