Hiya is revolutionizing the way people make and receive phone calls. We are one of the fastest growing mobile startups in the world. The phone dialer app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is changing this by working with mobile phone makers (like Samsung) and mobile carriers (like AT&T) to bring this innovation to more than 70 million monthly users in 196 countries. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest we have the backing from top investors in the US and Europe, and an exceptionally diverse and skilled team. We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in Seattle. In this role you will be responsible for conducting diverse data analysis and for illuminating mission-critical business insights. Your conclusions will be used to identify, measure, and drive focus for our team’s progress on product rollouts across new and existing customers in the market. This includes actively maintaining and evolving quantitative views on opportunity sizes and situation analysis.
A successful candidate partners with engineering and business to identify product opportunities using internal and global market data - at a variety of levels within a market - and to determine where Hiya can or cannot execute fully on those opportunities; delivers results by projecting stepwise gains from technical milestones; and takes the lead in establishing key performance indicators for the product execution.
What will you do?
- Own the design, development, automation, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Educate and train users to drive usage of reports. Simplify and manage lifecycle of reports that are no longer necessary.
- Engage directly with internal and external clients to determine and document KPIs and Business Intelligence requirements. Respond to (and anticipate) high priority requests from senior business leaders.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis. Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain forecasts to drive business, technology and product plans and execution.
- Learn and understand an increasingly broad range of Hiya’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use based on technology and business context.
What we expect from you:
- 3-5 years experience as a business analyst, or similar job function, working cross-functionally with real-world, complex datasets.
- Strong quantitative reasoning, aptitude for discussing business performance in terms of data points, and ability to quickly learn new business lines, technology enablers and data sources.
- Superior verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams, using email, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint (or Google-equivalent Applications).
- Proficient with using SQL is required, and Python is ideal
- Experience translating business needs into requirements, and documenting through an agile, iterative process using JIRA or similar collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems and extract as well as articulate insights that led to tangible business results.
- Pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own QA team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy.
- Organized, detailed oriented, and able to prioritize and communicate status to stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career