At Labster, we are working hard to reach our goal of changing the world by producing fully interactive learning simulations in order to make science education both accessible and motivational for millions of students globally.
As an 2D Artist at Labster, you will play an important role in this mission by helping our Art Team produce high quality 2D art for our award-wining simulations. This is a part-time, fully remote position (up to 20 hours a week).
- You will be responsible for developing 2D visual assets using Photoshop or comparable tools.
- You will also be providing graphics, UI assets, illustrations, sketches, and concepts for different projects and simulations as needed as well as occasionally providing sketches, storyboards, etc. for animations and simulations.
- You will occasionally provide 2D art for our marketing department for use in various parts of our marketing.
- You are passionate about creating 2D art and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience with creating 2D art and working with games or simulations.
- Outstanding skills in Photoshop, Painter or comparable 2D software packages.
- Ability to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Art Director as well as providing critical input for the development and improvement of these.
- Has a well-developed taste in design and visual art.
- Ability to work with different 2D art style varieties ranging from stylistic to semi realistic 2D art.
- Firm grasp of core artistic principles such as color and composition.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and Agile development environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
What do we offer?
- Responsibility and ownership from day one.
- Working with and mentoring a young and dynamic team.
- Getting up in the morning and knowing that you’ll work on something that helps people improve their lives – education.
- Working with an intelligent group of coworkers that will inspire you to achieve more and have fun while doing it.
- Chance to developing your professional skill set by working with the newest technologies.
- Competitive salary.