Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our growing Product team!
We have a team of remarkably talented and friendly developers, a strong engineering culture and a dogged emphasis on customer-centric design. We're working on all sorts of exciting areas of application development: web, mobile, infrastructure, performance, UI/UX design, integrations with dozens of web services, API development, modern front-end frameworks, scalability, video, natural language processing, data science and usability engineering. Agile methodology and test-driven development are not things we read about in blogs, it's what we do every day.
As a lead software engineer leader you will:
- Develop a team of software engineers through coaching, mentoring and management.
- Maintain high levels of development practices including technical design, solution development, systems configuration, documentation, test, issue identification and resolution, writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code.
- Grow the technical expertise of your team.
- Work closely with the product manager to enable sustainable delivery.
- Work closely with the Talent team to hire and onboard engineers.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Partner with other managers and engineers across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities and dependencies to mitigate risks and issues.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas, and features to a broad audience effectively.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Continued learning and training budget
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home