At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll be Doing
- Develop and grow our social shopping platform to delight millions of customers worldwide
- Build and extend headless services with GraphQL and REST
- Maintain, build and extend various integrations such as payment gateways, ERPs, CRMs and marketing tools using the most suitable, scalable approach (e.g. message queues)
- Plan and build localised customer experiences for new geographies and markets
- Own delivery, monitorability and resilience of applications and services.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of projects to ensure their efficient and successful completion
- Conduct code reviews of work contributed by peers to ensure coding guidelines and best practices are followed as agreed
- Write reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind
- Provide technical counsel to the product development team
What You’re Offering
- You've recent experience building web applications with PHP, NodeJS or similar
- You've excellent troubleshooting skills
- You’re aware of software engineering best practices and design principles as well as anti-patterns
- You’ve solid experience with DBMSs such as MySQL, Redis or ElasticSearch
- You’re skilled in TDD & CI practices and tools like PHPUnit and Jenkins
- You can’t stand bad and unmaintainable code
- You see it as a matter of course to participate on our on-call rota
- You’re passionate and smart but also humble and kind to others
- You're fluent in spoken and written English
- You live in timezone that's within 3 hours of GMT or are willing to adjust your schedule accordingly if you apply to work remotely
- Ideally, you’ve experience with Magento
- Ideally, you've worked with AWS services
- Ideally, you've experience with REST APIs and/or service-oriented architectures
What We’re Offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Smart colleagues and supportive team
- Comfortable office in the centre of Kyiv
- Occasional trips to our HQ in London
- Working environment that values technical excellence
- Freedom to make your own decisions and to get stuff done
- Opportunity to build a world-class, innovative social commerce platform
- 25 days of paid vacation anually