We are looking for a smart, dynamic HR generalist to join our People Operations team in London. You will play a critical role in the People Ops team with specific focus on making sure our day to day people processes and systems run like clockwork. We are a strongly people-driven organisation and you will get exposure to many different aspects of the business and have the opportunity to assist on a number of People and Workplace projects.
You will report to our Head of People, and work closely with our Employee Engagement lead as well as with our teams in Kyiv and New York. Ideally, you have also been working in a generalist People operations role and used to turning your hand to a variety of activities.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and organised HR generalist who is excited by the challenge to fully immerse themselves in our Smart, Kind, Maker community.
What you will be doing
- Recruitment Coordination such as scheduling, administering aptitude or other candidate tests, booking rooms and liaising with candidates as well as hiring managers.
- Managing our employee benefits (healthcare, pension, cash plan, cycle to work): being the go-to source of knowledge for staff and running the administration for all new starters as well as being the general liaison to our benefits broker.
- Prepare employment contracts, offer letters, service agreements and contract addendums. Maintain service agreement tracker. Prepare tenancy, leaver and visa reference documents.
- Being a super-user of our HR system (PeopleHR), our CapTable software (Capdesk), our benefits portal (Aon Portus). Keeping all systems updated and conducting regular checks to make sure information is in tip top shape!
- Be the go to person for people related questions so all our Makers feel supported.
- Working together with our Employee Engagement Lead, you will schedule, monitor and come up with exciting and new ideas for our internal workshops.
- Assist with the onboarding and offboarding process.
- Assist in the analysis of the results from our quarterly employee engagement survey.
- Note taking and assistance with ER issues.
- Keep up to date with legislation and be a guardian of company policies, GDPR and compliance.
- Work on a wide variety of exciting People and Workplace projects as they arise.
- Keep up to date with new developments in HR tech that could make processes more efficient.
Who you are
- You have a confident, bright personality – we’re a dynamic working environment and you’ll need to be able to create and maintain great relationships across the business to get things done
- You’ve been working in an HR Generalist role in a tech start-up
- You have a keen interest in recruitment
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Google-suite and a quick learner with new systems and processes (we use Asana, Slack, PeopleHR etc)
- You’re able to prioritise well and be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing demands. You are also self-led and have good negotiation and analytical skills
- You will have an eye for detail and high standards when it comes to your work and importantly, you feel very confident with numbers and you have a keen interest in payroll.
- Ideally, you will have worked in a growth business environment or at least have ‘startup DNA’ - you’re flexible with an “all hands on deck” mentality, are passionate about your workplace and engaged in the shared company mission.
- Some experience of, or appetite for, crafting is always a benefit!
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits: options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare and great staff perks like free breakfast, fresh fruit, company drinks and seasonal parties!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday
- Cake, cake, cake every day
- Smart colleagues and supportive team, you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey.
- Central London Location in an amazing new WeWork co-working space
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, and entrepreneurial makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.