We are looking for a fantastic analyst to join the Marketing/Commercial Team.
LoveCrafts is a very data-driven company and data insight shapes our commercial and marketing strategy. We are market-leading in how we optimise our core channels (paid, email, organic) and think about our pricing and promotional strategy. This is an amazing role for anyone interested in learning the fundamentals of e-commerce economics and marketing, helping us answer key questions such as ‘How much should we be willing to spend to acquire a new customer?’; ‘, ‘What happens to the number of times a customer orders from us when they follow us on Instagram?’ and ‘When people read a set of instructions, how likely are they to go on to purchase the materials, and what factors affect this?’. These, in turn, will have a significant impact on the marketing decisions we make: your analysis will be central to determining our commercial strategy.
You will help us shape targets and reporting, as well as undertake one-off analyses. There is a focus on organic performance and this is a great opportunity to learn SEO principles in depth. You will also learn the principles behind email and paid marketing.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, enjoy analytical problem-solving and have uncommon insight into complex data that you can communicate and defend, then we can’t wait to meet you!
The role will expose you to a lot of the skill-sets and business fundamentals of a strategy consulting analyst role. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director with a functional reporting line to the SEO Manager. You will receive first class training from a smart, kind team with backgrounds in top tier strategy consulting, technology and e-commerce among others.
What you'll be doing
- Prepare the daily trading presentation that allows us to track performance versus goals, understand behaviour at a granular level and react quickly to trading performance.
- Own the reporting tools (creating metrics, liaising with vendor).
- Work closely with the SEO Manager to develop and support organic market research, reporting and SEO decision-making.
- Analyse competitor performance and report insights and recommendations to the rest of the business
- Conduct a range of one-off projects/analyses as needed across the team, which could include things like understanding the mix of products and price points; investigating cost price changes over time, how to best manage the email subscriber list.
- Keeping the whole company updated with our progress through presentations at all-hands meetings
Who you are
- Possess uncommon problem-solving skills. A keen sense of what analysis should be prioritised and excellent execution
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and conclusions (written and oral)
- Comfortable challenging others and being challenged in the pursuit of getting the right answer
- Independent with an entrepreneurial mindset - happy to get stuck in and get stuff done
- Highly IT literate and proficient in Excel and Googledocs
- Minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent relevant experience).
- New graduate or 1-4 years' work experience
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits: options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, cash plan and some great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday
- Great staff perks like free breakfast, fresh fruit, Friday company drinks
- Smart colleagues, supportive team and working environment that values excellence
- Cake, cake, cake every day
- Coaching and mentoring from some major social and e-commerce experts - there's an awful lot of talent and experience in our team. And we really prioritise everyone’s need for personal development.
- The opportunity to join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Central London Location in an amazing new WeWork co-working space
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, and entrepreneurial makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.