Our buyers source everything our makers need for their projects, and to grow our range in new crafts. We’re looking for an energetic self-starter to own and drive the business plans for some of our largest suppliers based outside of North America through a smart, kind working practice. This role reports into our Director of Retail in New York City, but will be based at our London HQ.
What you’ll be doing:
- Completely own the business plans for your suppliers, putting makers at the heart of every decision
- Strive to deliver a broad, compelling range of products at competitive prices, with 100% availability of the products our customers want the most
- Proactively network with suppliers to secure opportunistic buys and regularly negotiate directly to secure the best purchase prices and improved terms
- Secure market-leading, supplier-funded promotional offers to support our robust marketing calendar
- Serve as the company champion and go-to person for information about our industry, trends, latest news and insight: you keep your knowledge up-to-date by attending key industry events, seminars, and trade shows
- Have your finger on the pulse of your commercial performance at all times
Who you are
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a fast-growing, multi-category retail environment
- Highly analytical, with a deep understanding of the value of data-driven insight
- Industry-leading negotiation skills with a ‘win-win’ mindset
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Fast learner that thrives on ambiguity and self-learning
- Exceptional computer skills with a particular focus on spreadsheet applications
- Able to travel as necessary, including internationally
- Smart and kind
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits: options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, cash plan and some great perks!
- Quick opportunities to advance to a Senior Buying role
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday
- Great staff perks like free breakfast, fresh fruit, Friday company drinks
- Smart colleagues, supportive team and working environment that values excellence
- Cake, cake, cake every day
- Coaching and mentoring from some major social and e-commerce experts – there’s an awful lot of talent and experience in our team. And we really prioritise everyone’s need for personal development.
- The opportunity to join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Central London Location in an amazing new WeWork co-working space
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, and entrepreneurial makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
If this sounds like the role for you, please do get in touch! We will be assessing applications as they come in, so encourage you to apply as soon as possible.