Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Contentful Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for building, managing, and growing our partnerships with key agencies, systems integrators (SI), and consultancies. This role requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to build solutions, be proactive, and work cross-departmentally. Serving as a key part of our sales function, our partnerships team will play a critical role in driving customer value.
- Building and managing relationships with strategic digital agencies and SIs at the VP/C-Level
- Developing and driving joint go-to-market activities with your strategic partners to create pipeline for the sales team
- Actively initiating and hosting product trainings, sales trainings, pipeline calls, marketing campaigns, and executive QBRs
- Managing and educating internal sales/success teams to better work with your partners
- Advocating for your partners internally and externally to our customers
- Shaping our overall partnerships vision and strategy
- You’re humble but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- You’re a passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions
- You’re a generally curious person and you love to listen and learn
- You show patience and persistence when building relationships and in the execution of your business plan
- You’re not going into partnerships to get out of “sales,” and you know that sales are critical to successful partnerships
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help build
- You're interested in technology and understand APIs and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology
- You like to travel
- 3+ years of direct sales (closing) experience in a technical (SaaS) environment OR 3+ years of partner/channel management experience with digital agencies or systems integrators
- You know the SaaS business model and are familiar with the ecosystem around digital products (digital agencies, eCommerce, Personalization, Analytics, and others)
- Experience prospecting, recruiting, presenting, closing, and managing partnerships at the Dir/VP/C-Level
- A track record of continuous opportunity development through your partners and driving opportunities from your current customers to your partner ecosystem
- Experience developing annual or even quarterly go-to-market business plans with partners and executing against goals and reporting through QBRs
- Experience educating organizations on how to use your technology in order to make your mutual customers wildly successful, and educating the partner organization on the value of your technology in order to build their pipeline
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing, customer success, and product
- Experience navigating complex deal cycles with multiple parties
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!