Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Contentful Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for building, managing, and growing our partnerships with key agencies, systems integrators (SI), and consultancies. This role requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to build solutions, be proactive, and work cross-departmentally. Serving as a key part of our sales function, our partnerships team will play a critical role in driving customer value.
- Educating, closing, and managing relationships with strategic agencies and SIs at the VP/C-Level
- Developing and driving joint go-to-market business plans with your strategic partners
- Consistently delivering new opportunities and pipeline from your strategic partners to our sales organization
- Actively initiating and hosting product trainings, sales trainings, pipeline calls, marketing campaigns, and executive QBRs
- Managing and educating internal sales/success teams to better work with your partners
- Advocating for your partners internally and externally to our customers
- Shaping our overall partnerships vision and strategy
- You’re humble but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- You’re a passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with failure
- You’e a generally curious person and you love to listen and learn
- You’re not going into partnerships to get out of “sales,” and you know that sales are critical to successful partnerships
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help build
- You're technical and understand APIs and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology
- 3+ of direct sales (closing) experience in a technical SaaS environment OR 2+ years in management consulting at a top tier firm
- 3+ years of partnership management experience with boutique agencies, medium to large digital agencies, or systems integrators
- You know the SaaS business model and are familiar with either the DevOps, Martech, Analytics, or system of record technologies
- Experience prospecting, recruiting, presenting, closing, and managing partnerships at the Dir/VP/C-Level
- A track record of continuous opportunity development through your partners and driving opportunities from our current customers to our partner ecosystem
- Experience developing annual go-to-market business plans with partners and executing against goals and reporting through QBRs
- Experience educating organizations on how to use your technology in order to make your mutual customers wildly successful, and educating the partner organization on the value of your technology in order to build their pipeline
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing, success, and product
- Experience navigating complex deal cycles with multiple parties
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We look forward to your application!