What’s the role all about?
Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 1,000,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla
Watch this to dive a little deeper
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 35, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 1,000,000 users. We’re building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months. You’ll take the lead in driving our forward-thinking, engaged and ambitious team forward, globally
We’re looking for a smart, analytical and passionate person to be a Product Owner looking after some of our core product features. We have some of the best engineers and designers in the world and we need you to help us showcase their talent to the world
Some of the things you'll get involved with:
- Leading by example; not only will you lead a product team, but you’ll be hands on and actually deliver
- Ensuring our users needs are always at the heart of what we’re building
- Responsible for leading a team of engineers and designers with the power to really make things happen
- Defining which projects we need to prioritise and setting a timeline to hit those goals quickly
- Scale things fast through your ability to coach cross-functional teams in high pace delivery and efficiency
- Making a truly impactful difference to over 1,000,000 users across the world
What are we looking for?
- A great ability to solve complex problems
- Deep experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, ideally you have been leading the adoption of Agile or acted as an Agile coach
- Proven experience working closely with engineering teams, involving them in defining solutions, encouraging them to experiment and coaching them in all things Agile
- Ideally an interest in user centred design and knowledge of how UX and product design support your work
- Prior work with complex, successful consumer products
- Experience with testing, lots of testing!
How long will all this take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Short take-home test
- Onsite interview
- Discuss your take home test and portfolio with the team
- Meet the leadership team
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone