What’s the role all about?
Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 1,000,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by Balderton Capital and the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla
Watch this to dive a little deeper
This is an exciting new role to maximise the employee experience and value of the Cleo AI team of 35 (and growing) through talent acquisition and management, people experience and culture. It is an opportunity to build people operations from the beginning, working with the COO and Exec team to identify and roll out new initiatives aimed at designing work so that you want to be there – present, engaged, and proud of what you do
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 35, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 1,000,000 users. We’re building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12 months
Few, if any, companies have succeeded in building a new type of inclusive, high-performing and innovative working culture - we know we’re at the start of our journey. We're looking for a people leader driven to make Cleo a standout example in this field; to build on industry-leading process and infrastructure from other industry leaders, and create innovative initiatives where we are setting new standards
Some of the things you’ll get involved with:
- Own people operational delivery and communications, including but not limited to;
- Using data and employee engagement to define Cleo’s people approach
- Building and delivering people processes & procedures that are robust, fit for purpose
- Introducing and managing important metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Build an employee handbook that speaks to our employees, potential employees and is publicly available. This living handbook will showcase our culture, our people operations and policies, and the authentic view of what life is like at Cleo
- Lead and iterate the on-boarding and off-boarding frameworks for new starters to deliver an excellent employee experience
- Own, guide and develop all people systems, tools, policies and processes, such as CharlieHR, the employee handbook and filing systems; collating and maintaining accurate information at all times.
- Assist with team planning, succession planning, compensation and benchmarking
- Run and handle the payroll, pension and benefits, ensuring that people understand their benefits and perks and how to access them, and facilitating the annual pay review
- Be the first point of contact for managers and employees on any people-related queries and issues, including providing advice, coaching and guidance to managers on all HR, performance management and ER issues, identifying practical solutions that reflect company culture
- Champion continuous performance management, manage the annual performance review and support ongoing performance management
- Work the COO on the identification, implementation and delivery of initiatives and projects across reward, learning and development, performance management and employee relation
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is organised and deeply committed, while approachable and team orientated; who enjoys working with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- 5+ years experience in organisation of similar size and age; CIPD qualified preferred
- Excellent communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator with excellent presentation skills
- A meticulous, flexible individual, with an adaptive mindset who is able to prioritise based on company needs while meeting deadlines.
- Forward-thinking and able to troubleshoot independently, with lots of initiative, energy and personal motivation
- Discreet, high integrity and fair in dealing with all people and situations
- High attention to detail; cares about getting things right the first time;
- Results oriented and tenacious in resolving issues and achieving objectives
How long will all this take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Short take-home test
- Onsite interview:
- Discuss your take home test with the team
- Meet leadership
What do get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone