Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Depop sits at the intersection of e-commerce and social media, and we want to pioneer new ways of empowering creative entrepreneurs. The only way that we can do that is by developing an even deeper understanding of our users and what makes them tick.
As a key member of the product team, working closely with our Head of Product and Head of Design, you will support our Product Managers and Designers to make better decisions about what they build.
Beyond that, you’ll be the champion of qualitative research methods across the company, making sure that everyone has a rich appreciation for our users motivations and behaviours. You’ll need to run robust research projects that uncover new insights, and communicate these clearly and succinctly so that we can act on them.
- Design and run in-depth interviews, workshops and focus groups to build a deep understanding of our users
- Take a global approach to user research to ensure local differences are captured, particularly within the US market (Please expect regular travel to the US)
- Perform ad hoc research at events, and use guerilla research methods to collect detailed insights quickly
- Synthesise and communicate insights to various teams and stakeholders in a way that makes them more actionable and impactful
- Champion user research across the product team and foster a culture of decision making based on user needs
- Train colleagues to ask our users the right questions and discover insights themselves
- Proactively identify areas where product teams can have most impact
- Support product teams as they explore critical problems our users face
- Work with designers and engineers to deliver the best possible solutions that deliver value for our users
- Significant experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of exploratory and evaluative user research techniques, and how to apply them appropriately to uncover non-obvious insights
- Able to scope, plan and deliver research projects with a high degree of autonomy and ownership
- Adaptable to a range of settings, and comfortable running controlled focus groups as well as stopping people in public for informal feedback
- Experience working with agile product teams
- Fluent with quantitative analysis, and able to collaborate with product analysts and data scientists to marry qualitative and quantitative insights
- The ability to communicate complicated concepts simply, and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness. You understand the link between user experience and business results, and can discuss your findings in this context
We’d love you to have (but not essential):
- A love of fashion, especially if you’ve been a member of the Depop community for some time
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products