Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 13M people in our vibrant community come to buy, sell and discover unique fashion items. We’re on a mission to redefine fashion for the next generation of creatives.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a deep affiliation for user experience to help further improve the Depop experience across mobile and web platforms.
Our Product and Design teams help define the best digital environment for our users to enjoy Depop.In this role, you will utilise your strong understanding of the relationship between design (UX/UI) and technology, to improve the design and usability of an item.
Our product portfolio is growing so we need someone who is excited by new and existing design challenges, as we innovate our product and develop our brand over time.
We're proud to have a culture of personal development at Depop. You’ll be working with a range of technical functions and be exposed to various skill-sets and backgrounds on a daily basis. So if you're keen to learn something new as you develop your career, our open environment provides the opportunity to transition across our department.
- To create designs and prototypes for web, iOS and Android platforms in-line with the product roadmap and in accordance with design best practices
- Utilise your understanding of technology, brand and platform guidelines to continuously improve the design and usability of multiple items
- Formalise timelines and progress of projects with cross-functional teams and Product Managers
- Sketching initial design ideas (whiteboard, sketch, flowchart, etc.) and seeing these through to feature release
- Design and take ownership of testing and user research.
- Considerable experience designing incredible user experiences for web and mobile platforms
- A strong understanding of interaction design, UX and UI principles
- Experience working in agile teams, working closely with product managers and engineers on a daily basis
- Experienced in UX research and running workshops
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions
- Strong knowledge of iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Sketching initial design ideas (whiteboard, sketch, flowchart, etc.)
- Experience in using Invision and other prototyping tools (Origami, Principle etc.)
- General knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin, Abstract, After Effects
- Prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Accurately and quickly identify usability and UX issues, and propose solutions to these
- Conduct user testing and act on user feedback.
- Naturally collaborative and supportive
- Able to provide and receive design critique constructively
- The ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence.
We have a relaxed and collaborative office in Shoreditch, where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, gym discount, healthy snacks, finish early Fridays, hosts of regular meetups, team nights out, yoga and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.