Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion platform where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to redefine fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded start-ups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
As our community continues to grow, we’re looking for a Product Designer with a deep affiliation for user experience to help further improve the Depop experience across mobile and web platforms.
Our Product and Design teams help define the best digital environment for our users to enjoy Depop. As our product portfolio expands, providing a positive user experience is a core focus at Depop, with our passionate Designers bringing Depop to life.
You'll work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team and take ownership of planning, designing and finalising features/solutions from start to finish.
Our design team love to help each other become better at what they do through knowledge-sharing, attending events and writing blogs. So if you have a passion for the tech design world, you're in good company.
Learn more about design at Depop in our new blog: https://medium.com/depop-design
- Create designs and prototypes for web and mobile platforms in line with Product development, whilst ensuring design best practice
- Work on a variety of new and existing features to improve the design and usability of an item
- Devising and running design sprints for product and design teams
- Collaborate with the wider Depop team to live test usability of designs (ie, Customer Support)
- Liaise with other team members where necessary (devs, pms, marketing, etc.) to discuss timelines and progress of projects
- Sketching initial design ideas (whiteboard, sketch, flowchart, etc.)
- Producing final UI and specifications
- Design and support on testing and user research
- Relevant experience designing user experiences for mobile platforms
- A good understanding of design principles
- Ability to identify usability and UX issues, propose solutions to these and ensure delivery on time
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings to iterate product solutions
- Knowledge of iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Experience in using Invision and other prototyping tools (Origami, Principle etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin and Abstract
- Ability to conduct user testing and act on user feedback
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of 'designing for accessibility'
- Naturally collaborative and supportive
- Able to give and take design critique constructively
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn
- The ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
We have a relaxed and collaborative office where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, gym discount, healthy snacks, finish early Fridays, hosts of regular meet-ups, team nights out, hack-days, yoga and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.
We're proud to have a culture of personal development at Depop. You’ll be working with a range of technical functions and be exposed to various skill-sets and backgrounds on a daily basis. So if you're keen to learn something new as you develop your career, our open environment provides the opportunity to transition across our department.