Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of over 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Community Moderation Lead to help refine our moderation process and achieve our goal of educating users and keeping them safe on Depop.
Our Community Moderation team protects the Depop platform and its users by ensuring we minimise fraud, abuse and scams taking place while educating good users when they make a mistake.
Deep diving into our moderation flows and major issues facing the team, we are looking for someone who can remove pain points and ensure the process is as kind to the user and efficient for the moderation agents as possible.
Reporting to the Head of Community Moderation this is a great opportunity to work in a role that encompasses policy, fraud, abuse and user safety during a real growth period for the business.
Depop are proud to have one of the most loyal and engaged communities in the digital world, so we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering the best experience for our users, without any bias or prejudice.
- Looking into the current moderation process of dealing with specific user issues
- Working out ways to remove any agent pain points so we can moderate more efficiently and get through more unwanted content.
- Working on how we achieve our end goal once we go through a moderation process
- Ensuring we are able to educate the good users on how to use Depop cleanly
- Remove any bad actors on the platform who intentionally abuse our product and other users (including counterfeits, fraud, scams and abuse)
Liaise cross functionally:
- Work cross functionally with other teams such as product, marketing and engineering to get the best results for Moderation and get the help we need to achieve changes we have in mind with the relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and great attention to detail.
- User-first mentality & high levels of empathy, in all situations
- Ability to deep dive into a process and find ways to improve it
- Experience with establishing new processes & getting buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, whilst thinking creatively and unafraid to present new ideas
- Previous background within a customer-focused or client facing role, especially young consumers and the wider public
- Previous experience within Moderation and Fraud / Scam flows
- Use of Zendesk and/or other Customer Support tools
We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, gym discount, team nights out, yoga and more.
But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.