Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re looking for a Junior Front End Developer to join our Web Engineering team and help maintain and develop a strong web presence as Depop’s platform grows.
We have lots of challenging and exciting plans for 2019 and you will have a big part to play in both shaping and working on core functionality of our.
- Development of robust, future-proof & scalable products and services
- Ensuring high quality coding standards
- Working in a fast paced, cross functional environment to solve problems and contribute to the goals of the web team and Depop
- Working in Agile frameworks with a high level of collaboration
Collaboration across teams is a key ingredient to the success of Depop. We have an inner source culture where you are encouraged to be self sufficient in problem solving, whether that be by seeking out the right people or having a go at writing the pull request yourself.
- Ideally at least 1 year Web Development experience in a product-driven business
- Experience using React
- Experience interacting with API’s
- Experience writing testable code
- Excited about working in an agile, fast paced environment
- You are passionate about all things web
- You enjoy learning new technologies
- You have a strong desire to learn and contribute
- You care about users and providing the best experience for them
Development at Depop
We want to give our engineers the opportunity to learn and grow at Depop. So if you're keen to gain experience in another language or new area of engineering we can make it happen as part of your career journey with us.
We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme , healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. We run regular internal programming meet-ups (with pizza!) and external meet-ups. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.