Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, offices in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re looking for a PR Coordinator to join our team in Community team in New York on a part-time basis for 3 months. You will be our first point of contact for all US-related PR enquiries and report to the Head of Marketing.
The PR Coordinator will work with the marketing team to highlight company success stories, business profiles and community stories to help strengthen, differentiate and grow Depop in the US Market.
This is a freelance role, working alongside the marketing team in the Depop NYC office 2-3 days per week.
- Writing press releases and pitches with assistance
- Pitching media and seeing placements through with assistance
- Assist in maintaining of media lists
- Light reporting and filing of clippings.
- Representing Depop at client events and with media
- Providing light support at Depop events when needed
- Assist with media invites, press walkthroughs and desk sides for senior management when necessary.
- Assist with background research and participate in creative brainstorming sessions
- Identify and propose media /brand partnerships where applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing or relevant internship experience
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic about the creative process
- Ability to change gears quickly as priorities shift
- Professional and calm demeanor
- Respectful and team oriented
We have a stylish office in Little Italy, Manhattan (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course, to name a few we have 25 days holiday, options to buy/sell more and regular snacks and drinks.
But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we deeply care about.