We're building a team to help us succeed in our mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. These positions are in a range of teams including fraud, platform, rewards, payments, shield, and onboarding. You’ll be joining a group of highly motivated software engineers who you’ll work collaboratively with across our pods.
As a fast-growing company with offices around the world, you’ll immediately see how your contributions directly impact both our internal users and client experience. Many of the problems we are solving result in trail blazing solutions which can’t be found on Stack Overflow; so we’re looking for engineers who flourish working in a complex domain.
We are looking for web engineers to enable us to build the best web applications in the cryptocurrency market.
How we work
Our teams are split into pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of our product. Your pod will include a product owner, back end engineers, Android and iOS developers, and web developers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
What you'll do
- You'll join a pod and contribute to their mission.
- You'll build and improve our exchange and wallet web apps which are accessed by 2.5m customers from across the globe.
- We'll support you to master our web stack; Go, Angular 6, and TypeScript.
- You'll share your experience to help mentor your teammates.
What’s in it for you
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, languages, continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
Your first 90 days
You will start by flying to Cape Town for two weeks to learn our processes, meet the wider team and start our engineering onboarding program. After getting comfortable with the basics, you'll start learning our idiomatic patterns in a safe, easy-to-follow way. You'll get to practice how we do design docs, code reviews, deployments, events, logging and monitoring.
After completing our Toy Services onboarding program, you'll begin your journey contributing to your pod's success. You'll help plan the next quarter's OKRs and will begin delivering features from our product roadmap. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager and peers and will encourage you to do the same.
As an expert web engineer, you’ll have:
Building a new financial system for the world requires a special breed of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. “Moontality” represents the ten core principles that underpin everything we do, setting us apart from the rest.
- A passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies (this is a new industry so we’ll help you learn about how the blockchain works and the technicals).
- A proven background in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, and software design, or relevant work experience.
- A continuous improvement mindset.