Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
You enjoy developing and working with skilled individuals and have a strong track record of high quality on-time delivery of large complex projects, and building high performing teams. You’ve worked in larger organisations and know where we should be heading, but also understand the growing pains of a hyperscaling startup. You care deeply about your team and their success and make it a priority to set them up for success. You understand how to connect with the organisation and get buy-in for important IT projects. You have a strong understanding of security industry best practices. Maybe you’ve seen the drawbacks of dealing with Microsoft and SAP systems, and prefer working with unix-based systems and are enlightened to the new paradigm of modern IT and cloud-services.
Powering the heart of the organisation, Luno’s IT team ensures everything tech related in the company runs smoothly. We leverage the latest and greatest in cutting-edge cloud technologies to solve Luno's rapidly scaling service and security requirements. Our vision is creating a world where Everything Just Works. Our motto is Get Things Done Well. Our stack is G Suite, SAML (OKTA), U2F, JAMF, AWS, Slack, Fortinet. Remote-first and Fast internet. OSX and Linux only. Microsoft / SAP / SharePoint / MS SQL / VMWare not welcome. E-mail is dead.
What you'll do
- Manage and recruit a growing team of skilled IT professionals across the world in our key offices.
- Oversee all functions of the IT Operations team including
- IT Global Service Desk and Incident Response Management
- Procurement, Equipment and Asset management, Stock Management and Auditing in all offices
- Identity and Access management cloud services
- IT Service server infrastructure
- Office Network Infrastructure
- Global Video Conferencing, Video Links and Telephone Systems
- Computer and Mobile Device Management
- Data transfer, sharing and security
- Advising on IT requirements for projects of other teams in the organisation
- Work closely with Security, People (HR) and Finance teams to ensure safe and streamlined processes
- Set team objectives in alignment with the organisation
- Develop an IT strategy to address the growing communication, equipment, maintenance and support requirements of a scaling company
- Manage team and individual performance, providing guidance, and keeping the team engaged and motivated
- Manage IT budgeting and forecasting, analyse costs and risks
What you’ll need
- Track record in leading and managing high performing IT teams
- Obsession over delivering what your customers need
- Proven track record of having a structured, analytical, and Process-Driven mindset
- Experience implementing an IT Service Desk
- Experience working in a predominantly Cloud-based environment with MacOS/Linux workstations
- A work permit for South Africa, if you are not a South African citizen and already based/living in Cape Town.
- Basic knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin