We are looking for a Data Operations Engineer (DataOps) to join our Engineering team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now has over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos and Jakarta.
The role in a nutshell:
You will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems, depending on your ability and interests, you will:
- Work closely with our data science team on projects introducing new streams of data into our data lake
- You will get to bring new ideas on how to further develop and innovate our data solutions and how to expose that data to the business
- Work in an Agile/Scrum framework or Agile mindset
- Data backup/recovery and storage
- Pick-up and learn new concepts, in both engineering and product, and be able to apply that knowledge quickly.
What you need:
- 4+ years' experience in maintaining BI solutions and/or you are passionate about it
- Proven track record of setting up, restructuring and maintenance of databases
- You know your way around ETL and you have experience with SQL
- Experience in the AWS Data stack (DynamoDB, RedShift, Amazon RDS)
- Familiarity with integrating data stores with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- You have experience with the concepts of CI/CD
- It would be a plus to have coding skills in e.g. Go, Python
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- AWS Certified DataOps Administrator
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- Basic knowledge of and passion for digital currencies like Bitcoin