We are looking for an outstanding Product Analyst to help define and guide our Search and Matching product. As a Product Analyst, you will work closely with your product’s Product Manager, the engineering teams, and commercial teams. You will provide critical insight supported by qualitative and quantitative analyses, be able to bridge understanding between technical and non-technical teams, and be able to push our product forward in order to provide the world’s leading name matching solution.
Our Product team sits at the heart of our organisation. They define what we build and why. As a result, our company's success is directly dependent on their ability to understand what direction we need to go.
We are a Product first company, employees are given very large degrees of responsibility, and we strive to achieve greater things together.
Every day we look to solve highly challenging and interesting problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design, and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing Series A in a funding round led by Balderton Capital, a Series B with Index Ventures and tripling our revenue each year, we are now scaling the business globally into international markets.
To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people onboard to help us.
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others for better decision making.
About our Search and Matching team:
The search team is a newly created squad at ComplyAdvantage. The team is meant to grow exponentially as our ambition is to be within the top 20% of the industry by the end of the year and to become a global standard in the next 3 to 5 years leveraging AI and linguistics. We enable our customers to find if the person they are onboarding present any risks while minimizing the number of false positives they have to review. The team is in a unique position as it services all products within ComplyAdvantage (from transaction monitoring to onboarding/screening) globally providing a lot of exciting opportunities around the world.
The team is composed of high calibre individuals from former startup leaders, entrepreneurs to PhDs/MBAs and is now waiting for you!
What you will do:
- Define desirable tests through quantitative analysis of our name data (think: should Robert G Mugabe match Robert Mugabe?)
- Provide insights on how customers search for entities through quantitative and qualitative analysis of our search data (think: what is the most common typo financial institutions in UK do?)
- Linguistic research for specific countries/regions (think: should WANG Zhifu Ping match James Zhifu WANG?)
- Name equivalence research to enrich our name thesaurus (think: What are all the name variations of Steve?)
- Support the product roadmap, suggest new revenue ideas and potentially lead them from customer discovery to release
- Monitor the regulatory landscape related to name screening and enrich the search test library
- Review and analyze the competitor landscape
- Define sample analysis parameters performed by the Data Quality team and present conclusion to the squad
- Track and communicate metrics around search
- Product managing multiple components of the search product
- Working with product managers in other areas to ensure alignment on dependencies as we scale
What does success look like in 12 months?
- Have defined and validated a comprehensive set of desirable tests for name matching for enterprise customers
- Seen as a key contributor to the engineering team to help them prioritize and fine tune the search algorithm
- You have a deep understanding of our search products and how Financial Institutions test our product
- Seen as an expert on a key geographic area for name matching
- You deeply understand our users and their needs and have suggested features and improvement that proved valuable
- You have collaborated closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure that current and prospective clients understand the value of our products
- You’ve failed fast few times and learnt from it but succeeded most of the time
- Experience working as a Product Analyst / Data Analyst / Business Analyst
- Experience in management consulting/technology/data-driven company is advantageous
- Quantitative tertiary education / demonstrated quantitative ability outside of the university
- Experience conducting statistical analysis (e.g. sampling analyses; hypothesis testing) in a non-academic setting
- Data analysis experience using Python, R or another language highly advantageous
- You enjoy debating and challenging if the current solution is what is best for our customers in a friendly environment