GoCardless is creating the world’s first payment network for bank transfers, to rival credit and debit cards. Our mission is to break down barriers, so businesses can take payments directly from customers’ bank accounts, anywhere in the world, in any currency. Our vision is to create a global payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you're in.
To further help us achieve this goal we’re looking for a talented Marketing Development Manager to lead our growing Marketing Development Representative team.
Our Marketing Development Representatives (MDRs) manage inbound calls and lead generation activities from our website, as the first point of contact for many new and growing businesses interested in us. The MDRs speak to prospective customers, assessing their needs to create a qualified sales pipeline for our UK & European Sales team. This role will involve leading from the front, managing, coaching and training to build a world class lead generation team.
Responsibilities will include;
- Hire, manage, motivate and help train the MDR team
- Coach by example and support the MDR's to achieve their revenue and KPI targets
- Monitor productivity, produce management reports and action on metrics and KPI's
- Be a hands-on leader that encourages sales excellence and leads by example
- Coach and support the MDR team to achieve their OKRs, carrying out weekly 121 and goal setting sessions
- Ensure team members are experts in articulating our vision and are able to sell our value proposition
- Collaborate with the broader Sales and Marketing teams to drive revenue growth
- You will be a leader and part of the Sales Leadership Team at GoCardless.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for talented people who want to have a major impact. We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience of leading or managing an inbound Sales or MDR team.
- You have worked within a target driven sales or lead generation environment. Ideally within a SaaS business to business environment, however we can consider someone from a business to consumer high volume outbound calling environment.
- You have experience hiring, on-boarding and training sales development professionals.
- You have a strong focus on sales processes, making them more efficient and driving improvements in all aspects of your role.
- Evidence of consistently delivering team targets and KPI's.
- You are a decision maker: you have excellent decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills, assessing the relative importance of activities and assignments, and adjusting priorities when appropriate to meet our goals.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to lead, motivate and retain staff.
- You have the motivation and flexibility to work well in a rapidly changing fast-growing environment.
- The MDR team consists of a variety of spoken European languages. Preference, but not mandatory, is fluency (written & spoken) in French, German or Spanish
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.