Want to be part of shaping the future? Our breakthrough ability to unlock insights from the web radically improves intelligence and cyber threat visibility for our commercial customers. We’re a high-energy, fast-paced, and fast-growing company. You’ll need the ability to understand and adapt to rapid product and technology developments, as we improve our products in close partnership with customers. You’ll have the support of a seasoned executive management team and world-class investors.
This Role: We are looking for a resourceful expert in Russian cyber attacks for our Insikt (Research) Group, working alongside with our highly skilled members and providing assistance in research of various cybercriminal activities. Day-to-day responsibilities will include monitoring of hacking communities, research leads-generation, criminal actors and malicious tools profiling as well as cyber-threat assessment. Ability to write high-quality intelligence assessments and briefings for a senior-level audience. Previous intelligence experience is required. Relocation assistance will be considered for exceptional candidates.
Responsibilities to include:
- Use detailed technical knowledge of tools, tactics, and procedures (TTPs) of Russian threat actor groups such as APT28, 29, Turla, and others to identify opportunities for new research, collection, and the development of in-house analytics to benefit future research.
- Develop tools and methods to identify Russian APT malware (i.e., Zebrocy, Neuron, Turla, CrashOverride) using retro hunting and advanced detection techniques in common malware multi-scanner repositories as well as within Recorded Future's exclusive collection.
- Support other threat intelligence analysts to analyze malware associated with advanced threat actors to develop leads and insights into actor infrastructure, tooling, and targeting.
- Stay on top of developments within the malware landscape and track key developments by following publications, blogs, and mailing lists.
- Perform network analysis of malicious infrastructure related to Russian APT campaigns.
- Analyze malware used by Russian state-backed actors to identify leads for further analysis.
- Develop network and host-based detection rules such as SNORT and Yara to detect APT campaigns in line with Insikt research goals.
- Publish research on novel threats and research results.
- Investigate potential links and overlaps between Russian APT campaigns and Russian language criminal threat actors and tools.
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience tracking Russian state threats over multiple years
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Demonstrable experience of conducting cyber threat investigations
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, Powershell, or Bash
- Practical experience using common threat intelligence analysis models such as MITRE ATT&CK, the Diamond Model, and the Cyber Kill Chain
- Ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts in verbal products & excellent writing skills are mandatory
Highly Desireable Skills/Experience:
- 2 years+ experience in static and dynamic malware analysis
- 2 years+ experience reverse engineering tools (Ida Pro, OllyDbg)
- Knowledge of Windows operating system internals and the Windows API
- Experience in analyzing both desktop and mobile malware
- Experience in the deobfuscation of malware, analysis of packers, malware decryption techniques
- Basic knowledge of Russian and other CIS intelligence agencies, structures, and past targeting
We realize we can only succeed with a team of very smart and passionate people. If you’re looking to work in a unique environment with ambitious, dedicated colleagues, the chance to collaborate with fantastic users and customers, then we have a lot in common! You'll also be equipped with top technology, enjoy trips, “the best” coffee, great food and fun. We offer competitive compensation, including stock options and a full range of benefits, as well as a great culture, commitment to professional development and social responsibility.