Crafting is much more than making. It's the love we pour into every stitch, every bake and every bit & byte we make. It’s that fuzzy feeling of creating something awesome, with our own bare hands. It’s our friend when we need it most, our happy place, our sanctuary, our home. It’s pure sky’s-the-limit joy. And it’s why we exist.
Through digital wizardry and a whole lotta’ cake, our team of smart, kind, makers are weaving together traditional and digital craft to recreate the world of making as we know it. When you have one place where you can connect to like-minded souls, teach new skills and share your passion, all at the click of a button, well, what’s not to love? We believe everyone can feel the joy of making, and we’re on a mission to make it happen. It’s why we love crafts, it’s why we’re LoveCrafts.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
About the opportunity:
Are you a design perfectionist? Do you love finding creative solutions? Have a passion for making video? Are you a maker at heart? You’ll want to read on... We’re looking for a self-driven Digital Designer to join our collaborative, creative team.
What you will be doing:
Every day is different and full of creative opportunities. Working remotely alongside our graphic designer in the Kyiv office: you’ll be working on an array of creative tasks. You might be editing video clips for our next big campaign, creating impressive motion graphics for our social media accounts or designing inspiring artwork for the email newsletter.
Splitting your time between Video Editing and Graphic Design, you will be working closely with our team of smart, kind makers in the Brand & Content team and will be a driving force behind exciting new creative ideas like:
- Designing gifs, banners and more for our marketing channels with an “always learning” approach to design in line with brand guidelines.
- Supporting our Video Producer in editing videos for social media and beyond.
- Creating motion graphics and animated video.
- Creating beautiful imagery for the Inspiration hub.
- Making our landing pages look inspiring.
- Designing knitting and crochet patterns for our private label patterns.
Who you are:
- Ideally, you’ll have at least 1 year of experience as a video editor / graphic designer within a commercial / marketing environment.
- You’ll be confident in creating motion graphics, stop motion videos, and animating still images.
- You have an eye for creative design and brand aesthetics - You’ll know how to make our brand look awesome!
- You have good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- You know the ‘ins and outs’ of Adobe Photoshop like the back of your hand.
- You have good knowledge of Adobe Indesign to create beautiful layouts.
- You have excellent written and spoken English.
- We are a highly collaborative team and love to work together on conceptualising ideas, so good interpersonal skills is a must.
- You are able to respond well to feedback from multiple team members.
- You make things happen! You come up with inspiring ideas and see them through to the end and you’re not afraid to take ownership.
- You are a self-starter with a hands-on attitude, able to juggle several different projects.
- You can work to tight deadlines and can be relied upon to deliver great quality work within a quick time frame.
- We love to try new things here, so you’ll be on the pulse of what’s trending within the market, acting quickly upon potentially engaging opportunities.
What’s up for grabs?
- Competitive base salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits: private medical insurance, healthy living allowance, English lessons and other great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday
- Central Kyiv location in a bright, spacious office
- Real responsibility and huge levels of autonomy
- Smart and kind colleagues who help each other to get things done
- Working environment that values excellence
For this position please send us your CV along with your portfolio/show-reel. Alternatively, share a link to your work in your cover letter!