Around the world, billions upon billions of mobile phone calls are made every single day, and yet the phone app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is determined to revolutionize the way people make and receive mobile phone calls. We are working with mobile phone makers (including Samsung) and mobile carriers (including AT&T) to bring this innovation to all of their global subscribers - over 70 million monthly users today and growing. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest, and backing from top investors in the US and Europe, we are an exceptionally diverse and skilled team positioned to change the mobile phone experience forever.
Since launching in 2016, Hiya has grown at an exponential pace. As we continue to invest in strengthening our market leading position, we are planning to double our headcount in the next 12 months. Building a great business starts with attracting and engaging great talent. As such, we are committed to creating and maintaining high hiring standards while ensuring that all applicants have a positive candidate experience. Hiring the best, and at scale, is perhaps the single most important thing that will help us achieve the growth ambitions we have set forth for ourselves this year and many years to come.
We are seeking a Head of Talent who will oversee all aspects of Hiya’s talent acquisition and management, with an immediate focus on recruiting the best possible team. Reporting to our CEO, and as our first Head of Talent, you will be responsible for building out and managing all aspects of the Talent and People functions across all of our global locations as we grow from a small start-up to an established organization at a rapid pace. For this role, we are looking for someone who deeply understands the art and science of recruiting and is driven by a desire to build a company which balances operational excellence with a welcoming and inclusive employee culture. Come lead the way as we embark on this next chapter of our growth!
What will you do:
- Serve as a strategic partner and advisor to the CEO and Leadership Team to build a world-class culture and successfully implement strategic solutions that support business growth and employee engagement and retention
- Develop and oversee recruiting processes company-wide and execute on this strategy globally
- Hire and manage a global team of recruiters, HR Manager and Office Manager
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Ensure compensation policy and processes are in alignment so that employees receive incentives and rewards for effective performance
- Lead the organization to deliver best-in-class people operations – including recruiting and retention, performance management/internal review processes, on-boarding, orientation, learning and development and employee relations
- Design and lead the organization’s strategy around diversity, inclusion, and compensation.