Around the world, billions upon billions of mobile phone calls are made every single day, and yet the phone app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is determined to change this by revolutionizing the way people make and receive mobile phone calls. We are working with mobile phone makers (including Samsung) and mobile carriers (including AT&T) to bring this innovation to all of their global subscribers - over 70 million monthly users today, and growing. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest, and backing from top investors in the US and Europe, we are an exceptionally diverse and skilled team positioned to change the mobile phone experience forever.
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an Office Assistant in Budapest who is self-motivated, ready to manage the day-to-day technical operations of an IT focused office, as well as ready to assist in finance-, HR- and accounting related tasks. In this role, you must have excellent written and spoken Hungarian & English skills. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a small (20-30 people), but very vibrant office environment. This position will assist in almost all tasks related to running an international office.
- Assist in day-to-day office operations
- Manage ordering office supplies and food
- Proactively working with Managing Director and HR & Recruiting Generalist to move the business forward wherever you can
- Support our Human Resources department and handling sensitive company information with confidentiality and discretion
- Play point-person for events and place orders for our fully-stocked kitchen and team lunches
- Work with external vendors and all other related facilities management
- Coordinate meetings and travel for our team
- Manage company costs and expense reports as needed
- Assist calendar, besides travel, and expense management among other things
- Manage administrative and ad hoc tasks.
What we expect from you:
- Great communications skills
- Excellent written and spoken English & Hungarian skills
- Ability to start around 9 am, stay until 5-6 pm
- A desire to work independently in a multi tasking role
- Great organizational skills necessary to run day-to-day operation of office
- Relevant experience with HR, legal, accounting related tasks
- Medium level knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A B.S. or M.S. degree, or equivalent experience;
- Ability to manage the day to day operations of office such as vendors, office supplies, etc.
- Able to deliver high-level executive support to managing director
- Open and able to work with foreign colleagues on a regular basis
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
This position is based in Budapest, working from our fantastic downtown office near the Oktogon area.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status