Around the world, billions upon billions of mobile phone calls are made every single day, and yet the phone app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is determined to change this by revolutionizing the way people make and receive mobile phone calls. We are working with mobile phone makers (including Samsung) and mobile carriers (including AT&T) to bring this innovation to all of their global subscribers - over 70 million monthly users today, and growing. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest, and backing from top investors in the US and Europe, we are an exceptionally diverse and skilled team positioned to change the mobile phone experience forever.
We’re Looking for an Office Manager who will partner with various departments to make sure the organization is running smoothly as a whole. We are looking for an experienced administrative professional who is eager to wear multiple hats. This individual will work with all employees of the organization and will support executives. It is essential this individual is a detail oriented and quick thinker who can work independently, and proactively.
- Have outstanding communication skills, whether through email, on the phone, or in-person
- Have a built-in sense of urgency, and the ability to prioritize work
- Be an independent thinker and doer
- Be a people-oriented person who enjoys collaborating with a multitude of people
- Be the point person for all office ordering, including supplies, equipment, snacks, and beverages
- Plan small to large scale corporate events including bi-weekly happy hours and lunches, and larger events, such as the all company retreat
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Maintain HR employee files for all employees with strict confidentiality
- Support other Human Resources Functions, as needed
What we expect from you:
- 1+ years experience in office manager or executive assistant role
- Eagerness to be in a startup environment
- Excellent communication skills, be comfortable interacting over phone, email and live chat;
- Self-directed and comfortable being an independent contributor
- Experience working with remote employees; due to the fact we have folks remote in the US, the United Kingdom and Hungary
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software programs; including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- College degree preferred
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.