Around the world, billions upon billions of mobile phone calls are made every single day, and yet the phone app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is determined to change this by revolutionizing the way people make and receive mobile phone calls. We are working with mobile phone makers (including Samsung) and mobile carriers (including AT&T) to bring this innovation to all of their global subscribers - over 70 million monthly users today, and growing. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest, and backing from top investors in the US and Europe, we are an exceptionally diverse and skilled team positioned to change the mobile phone experience forever.
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for Product Analyst Intern; someone with an eye for data, but who knows data isn’t always straightforward and sometimes the bigger picture tells the real tale: Why are searches for drug stores so much lower on weekends? What do our users in Mexico and Germany have in common? How can we help smartphone users find the businesses or professionals they are looking for?
We’re looking for insights and actionable information that can help grow our business, ensure we provide the most value to our customers, and help us make the decisions needed to build great data-driven products.
In this role you will:
- Partner with product leadership to determine the areas of exploration that will result high product value and team benefit.
- Investigate trends in company analytics/KPIs: is it an analytics bug, client change, a shift in event patterns at large, something else?
- Run reports, query massive datasets, build visualizations, and maybe even build an iPython notebooks. Always ensuring that data can be analyzed and presented to stakeholders in the most relevant and efficient manner.
- Complete a project that helps provide a deeper level of insight into user behavior for the Directory product suite.
- Have proven the ability to successfully analyze real world product data and complete a project to evaluate a product hypothesis or problem space
- Statistics/big data/mathematics/computer science background with B.S. (or soon to matriculate) or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- Analytical, methodical, product value focused, and able to function independently within the team
- SQL, Excel/Gsheets, Periscope, and experience with JSON/RESTful data structures
- Experience with Data Science &/or Engineering tools Python, Scala, and Athena
- Product analyst experience in search, analytics, or a mobile telecom industry
- Experience with analysis for search or local directory related products
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
This position is in Seattle at our amazing downtown office. Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.