Around the world, billions upon billions of mobile phone calls are made every single day, and yet the phone app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is determined to change this by revolutionizing the way people make and receive mobile phone calls. We are working with mobile phone makers (including Samsung) and mobile carriers (including AT&T) to bring this innovation to all of their global subscribers - over 70 million monthly users today, and growing. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest, and backing from top investors in the US and Europe, we are an exceptionally diverse and skilled team positioned to change the mobile phone experience forever.
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
Hiya is looking for a Technical Product Manager to work closely with our international engineering team building the best protection against unwanted spam calls in the world. As the TPM of our Reputation Service division, you will help Hiya continue to grow and improve our system capable of flagging over 4 million spammers around the globe. Hiya has a leadership position in the United States for our spam protection, and we need someone who can see us expand that position worldwide.
What will you do?
- Manage schedule, backlog, and triage of our reputation data service.
- Keep extremely close monitoring of our data sources that power reputation - our clients and partners.
- Collaborate daily with remote engineering team in Budapest, management in Seattle.
- Ensure on-time delivery of new features for our business development efforts
What we’d like from you:
- Entrepreneurial, startup spirit. You're willing to wear any hat to see the job done
- Motivating and collaborative personality. Your engineering team is your collaborators and you want to succeed, together
- Creative and predictive thinking. How do we get the most out of the data we have, both now and years down the road?
- Statistical and analytical mindset. Spam detection is a logic and numbers game. Can you play? Can you help our system learn to play on its own?
- A strong project leader. Take goals and ideas from a single sentence to spec to fully released
- 3+ years of related technical product and project management experience
- Familiar with database systems required
- Experience with data aggregation and analytics a plus
- Must have prior machine-learning experience
- Prior experience in back-end services supporting front-end products required
- Working knowledge of SQL required
- Experience with AWS services DynamoDB, S3, Athena a plus
- Experience with remote teams a plus
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers
- Many office perks and great company benefits
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
This position is in Seattle at our amazing downtown office. Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.