infarm was founded in 2013 by Osnat and brothers Erez and Guy. What started as a mobile vertical farm in an old 1955 Airstream trailer has now grown to a team of over 180 infarmers. Just like our plants, our team comes from all corners of the globe: Tel Aviv, Seoul, Paris, Lisbon, and Taipei to name but a few.
At infarm, horticulturalists work next to industrial engineers and biologists collaborate with chefs. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution - every team member brings their own point of view and knowledge to the table. We believe this is our greatest asset. At infarm we bring together a passionate group of individuals and unite them under a common cause: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leading the development and execution of Infarm globally.
- Preparing and managing budgets related to European expansion as approved by the Leadership Team, working closely with the Finance Team in financial management of expansion expenditure.
- Build and manage a team supporting European expansion including architecture, space planning, real estate, contracts and new installations.
- Hire and oversee third-party contractors and service-providers, developing budgets, ensuring value for money in contracts, and providing feedback on execution of work.
- Interface, communicate and partner with cross functional teams at various levels of management and drive improvement measures forward.
- Manage milestones with aggressive schedule commitments
Preferred Candidate Specifications:
- Demonstrated strength in scoping and defining never-been-done-before initiatives, and partnering closely with other parts of the team in their design and execution
- Ability to understand and operate in a highly complex operation and a fast moving environment
- Track record of building and leading a world class, agile ‘at pace’ expansion team in an Hypergrowth environment.
- Experience defining, leading and executing on complex, multi-location projects.
- Proven experience in building and managing a team and working with contractors and consultants.
- Previous experience meeting, consulting and negotiating with stakeholders at senior levels across Europe.
- Experience working with senior leaders, including the CEO and management team.
Qualifications and Key Characteristics:
- At least five years of relevant experience in program development and management, ideally in roles where strategy meets execution.
- Completion of a university or college degree, with advanced degree preferred.
- Strength in identifying key priorities, and aligning strategic and tactical plans.
- Ability to work quickly and decisively.
- Excellent communicator, written, verbal and in presentations or meetings.
- Effective under pressure, skillfully managing competing priorities.
- A skilled negotiator able to work to tight deadlines.
- A great(!) team player and leader, eager to work in a dynamic and fun environment.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative (and patented) growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs to take home
- 30 days of vacation per year and an extra day off on your birthday