What we're up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $25m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries: and so far 185,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional junior candidate to join our Landlord team. As a Landlord Partnership Intern, you will support the team dedicated to finding spaces for the wide variety of ideas coming through our platform. You’ll be talking landlords through the onboarding process and getting them set up to trade on the platform. Although we’re small in size, we’re big in personality - come armed with ideas and an ambition to succeed and you’ll fit right in.
What you'll be doing
- Proactively source vacant property leads by hitting the streets and using creative ways to discover empty spaces online
- Research ownership information and creatively find ways to track down landlord contact details
- Respond to inbound enquiries from prospective landlords in the UK, talking them through the Appear Here process
- Work with the space curation team on getting UK spaces live as quickly as possible
- Support the landlord team on other projects or tasks that come up in the business
- Find ways to improve our processes and regularly bring your ideas to the table
Why we like you
- You have a genuine interest in property and you 'get' retail
- You are an entrepreneurial self-starter who is smart, intuitive, focused on hitting targets and passionate about helping others
- You are an amazing communicator, both on the phone and via email - precise, persuasive and helpful
- You think of solutions before they become problems and are always one step ahead
- You are very organised and detailed - nothing gets by you!
- You love to learn on the job and approach your work with a lot of enthusiasm
- You are just starting out in your career but you have a lot of varied experiences that you can bring to the table
Why you like us
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.