We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic engineers to join our growing number of product engineering teams and provide them with the DevOps capabilities to help build and operate their applications in the cloud. The ability for each development team to fully own and run their products is critical for us to scale efficiently, and as a DevOps-focused team member, you will play a key role in ensuring the success of these projects.
ComplyAdvantage looks to solve some interesting and meaningful problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We are a venture-backed startup using artificial intelligence to fight terrorism and financial crime. We have a desire to reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology and to disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
We are a SaaS-first company with development, QA and production systems all deployed on AWS. An effective DevOps culture is essential in allowing us to continue to grow rapidly and give development teams the autonomy to deploy their work into production.
At ComplyAdvantage, we believe in DevOps principles, and practicing DevOps culture across our engineering and product organisations. To us, DevOps is much more than a job title (and some would say that it shouldn't be a job title!). The DevOps chapter at ComplyAdvantage consists of two main groups:
- Engineers working in our CloudOps team, who focus on the core AWS infrastructure, shared platforms and CI systems.
- Engineers working within our development squads, focused on the individual project requirements for production, CI, testing, and development environments.
As members of the DevOps chapter, we work together towards the common goal of accelerating the software development lifecycle as the company grows, by sharing knowledge, decision making, and great working practices.
Your team will typically consist of colleagues working in a variety of roles, such as developers, machine learning engineers, QA engineers, analysts, and product managers. Together you will take responsibility for building and delivering products and features, from the specification stage, through to the ongoing monitoring of the live applications.
Are you passionate about DevOps as a culture? Would you like to be a critical part of seeing it integrated as a practice throughout a number of high performing development teams?
- Working with one of the development squads in Cluj, to focus on DevOps-related tasks:
- Building out required infrastructure using Infrastructure-as-Code principles (we use Terraform)
- Build and maintain CI pipelines.
- Build and maintain environments as required, eg dev environments, QA, staging and Production.
- Make use of centralised infrastructure to reduce "heavy lifting", eg centralised Kubernetes deployments and Kafka clusters, AWS resources
- Contribute your knowledge and experience to the DevOps chapter and wider product and engineering organisations
- Historically many of these elements have been guided by the CloudOps team, but in the true spirit of DevOps, we would like the ownership of these parts of the projects to move back to the team working on the project. This enables us to scale the teams out efficiently, and gives team much more autonomy in building and running their projects.
What does success look like in the first 12 Months?
- You will have a firm grasp on the current development and deployment requirements of your team’s project(s)
- You will have embarked on process of continuous improvement in your team, reducing cycle time and work in process, but making deployments easier and safer
- You should have your team well on the way to full ownership and operation of their projects/services.
- Python or a compiled language as part of their professional work.
- Experience of working with a public cloud and some form of automation or infrastructure-as-code work (eg, terraform, cloudformation, ansible, chef)
- Professional experience using docker and git
Within this role you will be embedded with one or more of our engineering teams, assisting them in building out and continuously improving their CI pipelines. You will also work with our London-based DevOps team in ensuring we adopt and maintain a consistent approach to the work we do across different teams and offices. Occasional travel to London is expected.
We work with an extensive technology stack, including AWS, docker, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Hadoop. If you would like to as well, then we'd love to hear from you.