We’re looking for a talented and experienced Head of PR to join our marketing team for a 1 year fixed term maternity cover contract, responsible for delivering our external communications strategy. We’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding and as the Head of PR at Crowdcube, you will have the opportunity to create impactful and engaging campaigns and share our story with audiences globally.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 500,000 registered investors, and over 600 British businesses successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
What you will be doing:
This is a rare opportunity to make a significant impact on one of Europe’s leading fintech companies. You will drive and execute Crowdcube’s external communications strategy, driving proactive campaigns alongside protecting our brand and reputation.
Reporting into our Co-founder and CMO, you will work closely with the wider marketing team and other areas of the business, as well as external stakeholders that include founders and CEOs of funded businesses, investors, partners and senior journalists. We need someone with creative flair, who can take a step back and think strategically, but who will also roll their sleeves up and deliver in a small but dedicated marketing function.
Day to day you will:
- Develop, implement and manage the external communications strategy across multiple audiences, including objective setting and devising tactics.
- Build and maintain strong proactive relationships with our existing media contacts and introducing us to new ones, predominantly in business and finance (B2B and B2C), to drive communications objectives.
- Create compelling content including press releases, statements, stories, case studies, interviews and more for a host of media opportunities.
- Establish and embed best-practice PR.
- Manage issues and crises by anticipating, planning, preparing and being the Crowdcube reputation management champion.
- Act as an internal consultant to other areas of the business, sourcing content and supporting business goals.
- Manage a roster of media spokespeople ensuring appropriate training as well as being a spokesperson yourself.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard working, and we take care of our team:
- 70K-75K DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme at 4% matched
- Conferences and training budget
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and occasional team lunches, and lunch and learns.
- Company trips and activities such as Pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more..
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.