A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting shit done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
THE TEAM 🚀
Risk Management is one of the most cross-cutting teams at Revolut. We sit at the very core of Revolut and ensure the company keeps itself on certain ground. The team operates as the second line of defence covering all offices globally and is responsible for ensuring that risks and controls are properly managed by the first line.
Operational Risk Management works with business representatives across all parts of the company and have an exciting opportunity to see the whole picture and help everywhere. Today we dig into Revolut app technology, tomorrow into treasury and finance and next week into customer support helping assessing risks and developing new controls, checking effectiveness of existing controls, investigating KRI breaches and registered risk incidents. We are a small team, so you will not miss anything and your contribution will be very visible.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING ✍️
• Lead a team of Operational Risk Managers covering world-wide operations of Revolut
• Continue improving operational risk management framework
• Work with the first line of defence to identify, assess, document and regularly review operational risks
• Coach the business to design and implement controls
• Assist with developing key risk indicatorsMonitor operational risks against limits, produce respective reports
• Take ownership of the risk incident management process including registration of risk events, managing and delivering risk incident reports
• Coordinate vendor approval and product approval processes
• Conduct presentations and workshops in risk identification and mitigation
• Partnering with Risk Technology team to automate processes
WHAT SKILLS YOU'LL NEED 📖
• At least 10 years of work experience in Operational Risk Management in a banking environment of which at least 3 years in a leadership role (preferably in a global firm with centralised risk governance of subsidiaries).
• Strong interpersonal skills
• You will have a curious nature – never accepting of assumptions and a desire to fully understand how things work
• Organised and methodological
• A solid track record of achievement: you have quickly assumed responsibilities or have won competition awards (can be any of academic, professional, and/or sport)
• 2:1 degree from a top university
• You have flawless English
• SQL - have the ability to use SQL to search the database
• Excel – have the ability to use Excel to drive analysis