Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 1,000,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla
Watch this to dive a little deeper
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 35, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 1,000,000 users. We’re building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months
Barney, our founder and CEO, created Cleo to help people exactly like you to understand your money and get into a position where you can pay off student loans, avoid crazy fees that most banks are charging (credit card interest, overdraft fees, etc). We want to help you to achieve goals throughout your life - from buying a car and saving for holidays to eventually buying a house and saving for retirement - a true long term financial assistant there to help you!
You may have guessed already but users are at the very heart of what we are doing and this role is crucial in helping us to analyse what they are experiencing and working with different teams in order to adapt Cleo to what they actually need. Throughout your first 12 months you’ll work with almost every team we have at Cleo and have the opportunity to specialise in an area that ties in with your interests and ultimately hire your replacement to enable the full time move to your chosen field. This is a real opportunity to come and build the future of Cleo with us to realise the vision our founder has for the future of Cleo.
Some of the things you’ll get involved with:
- Interacting with our community of users on a daily basis to get an understanding of the real world challenges they are facing as they go through their journey with Cleo
- Working with every team in Cleo - Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Data Science - to ensure we’re working to what our customers actually need and want
- Driving exciting initiatives that will shape the way Cleo develops in the future
- Getting visibility into all the potential career paths open to you across Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Data Science and more
What are we looking for?
- Curiosity; you want to understand the inner workings of a high growth startup and get hands-on experience helping scale
- Inquisitive nature; you like to learn new things and challenge the ordinary
- Impact; always think about the impact of your work, questions it raises and how the things you learn can help Cleo grow as a company
- Emotional intelligence; you understand and deeply engage in what our potential and current customers care about, and be driven to help them
- Communication; the ability to adapt and rework responses to provide transparency to our users and teams both verbally and written
- Analytical and quantitative; you’ll notice patterns, trends and potential issues to feed back to various internal teams and external vendors to help shape the product
How long will all this take?
We don't like to hang around so 2 weeks is usually enough time for us to get to know each other. You'll get an idea of what to expect below.
- A quick phone call with us to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- A short exercise to prepare at home
- Onsite interview:
- Talk through your exercise
- Work through an interesting problem together
- Meet some of the leadership team
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- A salary of £25-30k plus equity (we like everyone to be bought into what we're doing)
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone