Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Technical Writer who will help us to explain Contentful to both developers and content managers so they in turn can be successful with their projects.
Your writing will take the form of guides, use-case-driven tutorials, articles (and more), showcasing every feature of Contentful. You'll be a part of the product team, working closely with the Group Product Manager, the Design Manager, as well as with our team of writers and designers across the company who have built the existing Contentful brand.
- Create industry-class technical documentation for a company that cares about both developer and authoring experience
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues from engineering, product, solution architects and marketing
- Gather material for documentation by talking to technologists, engineers, and users; then, identify the themes, key points, and important vocabulary to use when you sit down to write
- Contribute to defining and organizing a knowledge base that makes Contentful approachable and its documentation clear and efficient
- Take ownership and responsibility for your results and finish what you start
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
- You are keen on forming a new team focusing on educational material and promoting new ways of learning
- You love technology and can comprehend and translate technical jargon into conversational English
- You write clear, conversational, and technically correct English, prose and possess a strong command of grammar, spelling, and style
- You have the ability to work independently, get tasks done quickly and earn the trust to do a good job with little supervision
- Excel at interpersonal communication and active listening
- A keen attention to detail
- Manage time effectively while working under tight deadlines
- You have a taste for learning and teaching, which make guides you write natural and comprehensive
- It's a bonus if you also happen to publish regularly on your own blog or participate in developer communities, content management communities, or participate in subject-specific conversations on Twitter
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!