Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
The Sales Operations Manager will play a critical role in supporting the Sales organization by helping to improve all sales infrastructure including sales tools, systems, structure, and analytics. This role requires a candidate who is highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the team. The candidate must be a strong leader, self-directed, well organized, detail-oriented, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This role reports to the Director of Sales Operations.
- Assist in the development, improvement, and implementation of processes for a smooth end-to-end sales process/lifecycle.
- Help to drive discipline and accuracy around sales forecasting.
- Help to develop and implement effective cross-functional processes.
Reporting & Analytics
- Support sales analytics, reporting, and forecasting on a quarterly, monthly, and ad-hoc basis.
- Assist with creation of reports & dashboards within Salesforce.com
- Create and analyze key insights from forecasts, key business drivers, trends, and operating metrics. Translate data into insights and action.
- Collaborate on strategic Salesforce.com reporting processes.
- Assist with day-to-day activities supported by Sales Operations.
- Be a thought leader and go-to expert on resources and tools.
- Keep Sales Operations & Sales Department documentation up-to-date and relevant in company Wiki.
- Work directly with key sales leaders on critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity, and operational efficiency.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Finance, and Customer Success.
Training and On-boarding
- Assist in sales training and on-boarding including processes, tools, methodologies, and best practices
- 3+ years experience in Sales Operations Management; SAAS companies preferred
- Admin level proficiency in Salesforce.com
- BS/BA degree in related field
- Deep sales process and methodology experience and expertise
- Experience with Looker
- Strong analytical and process definition skills
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We look forward to your application!