Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
As our Director HR, EMEA, you will work closely with our Vice President, HR in San Francisco on strategic topics while also diving into the deeper details in a hands-on way;. You’ll develop and translate programs and policies to fit the German/EMEA market. You’ll ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations and support your team in Berlin in their daily business. Furthermore, you represent the HR department in important meetings in Berlin and occasionally fly to San Francisco to enhance the connection between the two offices. This role is based in Berlin and is full-time.
- Responsible for all HR related activities in EMEA
- Driver of strategic topics and the alignment on inter-office relations in cooperation with the Vice President HR in San Francisco
- Responsible for personnel and budget planning for EMEA
- Spokesperson and representative of all HR activities in Berlin towards employees, senior management and external parties
- In charge of the adjustment of greater projects to German standards and requirements
- Responsible for goal achievement in People Operations, Business Partnering and Recruitment and maintaining a smooth employee lifecycle
- Guidance and development of a team of currently 15 HR professionals
- Act as a trusted partner for all departments
- Promoter of a high-performance culture by supporting staff to reach set goals
- Builder of a strong network of HR professionals within EMEA, learn from best practices and enrich our strategy and projects with external ideas
- Preparation of the company for the next growth phase
- You have a university degree and acquired a background in Human Resources
- You can look back at around 8 years experience in a generalistic HR position and you have successfully managed medium-sized teams in the past
- You have demonstrated experience in leading the development of strategic HR programs, including those in the areas of retention, performance management, talent development, recruitment, compensation, benefits succession planning etc.
- You are confident representing HR topics in front of very experienced managers, at company all-hands as well as towards external parties
- You are experienced and comfortable advising and coaching senior executives within an organization and contributing to influencing strategy at the leadership level
- You are outgoing, helpful and embrace the value of teamwork
- You are fluent in English, our main company language, and have strong knowledge of the German labor laws and competitive work practices
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!