Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion platform where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager in our New York team, to drive the planning and execution of campaigns (both digital and in person), events and pop ups to further Depop’s mission.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing, US and will be instrumental in planning, prioritizing, researching, budgeting and measuring brand awareness and setting KPIs for all marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to and support the US marketing calendar to reach desired objectives
- Leverage data to decide on the types of engagements to increase brand awareness, new sign-ups, sales and/or community engagement
- Conceptualize and plan marketing engagements, taking 360० view, combining in person and digital channels
- Contribute to a pipeline of potential brand collaborations, and manage the strategy and execution of brand collaborations campaigns and longer term partnerships
- Execute on the planned activities, facilitating production of assets (liaising with the Studio team),identifying proper distribution channels and anticipated outcome of each, taking care of potential agency relationships as well as supporting on execution of events, pop ups, exhibits, takeovers etc.
- Build/maintain key reports for progress and dashboards to understand the impact of the campaigns vs. planned objectives
- Excellent organization skills in managing projects and budgets
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed person with hunger to grow
- Excellent communicator, mindful of deadlines, details and global/local relevance of campaign distribution
- Marketing mindset, with an understanding of what drives the desired outcome while furthering the core brand values
- Act as brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/brands for future opportunities
- Core knowledge of excel / word / ppt, strong in the analytical side of marketing activities
- 5+ years’ relevant working experience with project management and brand collaborations
- Previous work experience for a retail brand and/or consumer tech startup
- Understanding of ‘new’ forms of marketing (social media, influencer marketings, user generated content distribution etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a growing entrepreneurial team and take the lead on projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business/commercial mindset and structured thinking
- Experience working with small teams and big activations and projects
- A natural connector and confident communicator
- Relevant marketing, branding, and curation experience
- A love for fashion, design and all things creative
- A “no job is too small” attitude and team player
We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and social team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, US healthcare options, healthy snacks in the kitchen, team nights out and more.
But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.